Thursday, December 17, 2009

It Doesn’t Rhyme

The dawn light embalms a nameless husk
She looks an awful lot like me except for the smile
My loneliness echoes on into the coming dusk
If only I have somewhere to go
I am sitting alone in an industrious world
Staring into the flame of a candle
I’ve closed my mind about the past
Open doors do not always lead to new beginnings
Open doors do not always lead home
This is not my home and I shout to empty walls
While those sad songs keep playing
Set on repeat, again and again; looping
Running over every moment through my mind
Old thoughts, hopes, and dreams lost
I know they wouldn’t last
Just more transparent ordinary hours
I am wishing on stars I have never seen
Believing one day the sun will rise again
I wait in vain for a dawn that may not come
And remain still a nameless husk
Walking amongst million of others
Just like me
Seeking their own identity
No longer wanting to be nameless
Reality shrieks- I am just another face in the crowd

No comments: