Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Echoes

I am falling back to something sentimental and difficult.

I am returning to the photographic work of a man I loved, admired, and hated.

A tragic something...
and deeply personal

It is a visual journey with poetry of two lives-two journeys taking place at two very different time periods.
Forgiveness? That is a thought that I carry with me on this journey and perhaps you will notice the complexity of this word during the exploration I do with this series.

I am combining my methods of photographic artistic expression with the images belonging to my grandfather, also a photographer.


~His Love~

Only one of many
an apature eye
capturing
beauty (ies)
Doing more than seeing.
She wrote
tragic love notes
set them to flame
watched then burn.
The fire
was easier to bear
than letting go
of the oceans
her eyes
held onto.

~her love~
the one and only


No comments: