Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Studio Space



I am an artist, I have a studio, it may not be anything big or fancy but it serves its purpose and I find my inspiration within it and I find the pieces of me there as well. It is quiet, it is peaceful, it is my place I disappear into-a process that really isn't different from disappearing into myself. It is my sanctuary, while there are things that are missing in it-like a big window that faces the sun for instance, I know that it is still a place where I dwell deep in thought and deep in the creative spot. While it may only be 400 sq ft, some of my best ideas have been captured and created here. Someday, I am sure of it, I will have my "ideal" studio, but for now this is it. We all start small and start somewhere!



This is my zen space and let it be known I also meditate and do my Yoga in my studio too!



My snakes make their home just outside of my studio. Sometimes they slither out and say hi! Occasionally my cats strolls in to say hi and sometimes my dog too.



Hanging around my studio are many pieces of work that I created years ago. I like to remember the beginning of it all really. Keep it there with me to remember where it all started.



My little Buddha whose company I enjoy while I am meditating and reflecting inward.



My cabinet of secrets with, of course, birds, always birds and trees.



Where I do my digital work.



Where I keep all of my books, poetry, art books, literature, art educational books, and various larger canvases of works in progress. Right now I have a tree piece that I am working on for my master bedroom.



The best printer I have ever owned to date sits above the old radio my mother used in her classroom...hence the reason it is labeled "Mrs. Pool"!



Various works in progress here. An illustration of a certain Celtic warrioress, I will name for you all later,those of you familiar with your Celtic history will already know who she is. She is waiting to be finished up and sits patiently among a few other pieces of mine waiting their turn.



Multi-tasking, the Yoga ball is a great ab workout for while I paint. I highly recommend this! ;)



Various paints and supplies are tucked as neatly away as I can keep them in this area!



This box under my visual journaling desk is full of old books, computer parts, various papers, messed up artworks, scraps, you name it. The goodies I continually collect and go through when working on artwork



This is the area I do most of my work. A lot of writing, illustration thumbs and boards, even where I play my violin and clarinet when the urge presents itself.

No comments: